Sunday, April 6, 2008

Burda Skirt Complete!

I finished my first Burda skirt and I am so pleased with it. I reviewed it on Pattern Review here.
I made it with some old denim that I had in my stash. I wanted to do a muslin before cutting into my nice corduroy. I am going to make it in the cord but probably not until the fall. I don't want to spend the time on it when I won't get much use out of it right now.

I really enjoyed the process of making this skirt. I love the pleats (which you cannot really see in the picture). The directions and pictures were very clear. I cut out an 18 because that matched my measurements the closest. I ended up having to make my seam allowance huge (1 1/4-1 1/2") at the waist. I knew it could be a bit big at the waist but not that much. Yesterday I decided to measure myself again before I cut out my New Look fitted shirt pattern. I was a whole inch smaller in the waist. Go figure! What a nice surprise. I guess eating less cookies and junk has paid off a bit.

I was going to post my progress so far on my New Look shirt but I decided to do another post.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Until Next time (actually a few minutes)...


  1. Before I even read you post I was looking at the picture and thought, "She looks like she has lost weight!"
    The skirt is fabulous!

  2. The skirt looks great! Can't wait to see it in corduroy. I love sewing in denim and corduroy because they're not fussy fabrics.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!