Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cascade Fixation Woes!

I have been knitting some. Not on the sweater I should be knitting for my 5 year old. Oh no. That has becoming boring and I want something new. So what if I am so close to finishing it.

I bought some Cascade Fixation when I was in Soldotna last weekend. I bought a sock pattern and was very excited to start this project. The ball of yarn was beautiful. The colors were perfect for my daughter-salmon, lime and taupe. I was so excited. I casted on with anticipation. At the point of this picture I was really liking the look.


Then everything came crashing down. The striping started to look horrendous with big, odd splotches of taupe surrounded by funny stripes of color. I did not check my gauge (I know, I am cowering right now.) for this not-so-easy-to-work-with-yarn and so of course the rib is too loose and flabby. I am going to keep going for practice. I have some more of this yarn in another color way for socks for me. I want to learn from this yarn so that my socks will be right. Currently, I have turned the heel and am on my way to the toe. I will post a picture of the sock when I am finished. Everything is a learning experience right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!