Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh Happy Day!!

Look what I brought home!

Yesterday I called my local dealer to ask if they do layaway. I thought this might be a good option for me to pay for the machine. As I was about to hang up I asked if they would be selling their floor models anytime soon. They do this periodically and usually have pretty good deals on slightly used machines. The saleswoman said that they were in the process of figuring out prices for some of their demo machines over the next few days. I asked her if she would take my name and call me if they were going to sell their Babylock Coverstitch demo. She said she would. I was slightly excited but also thought it would be a while. About an hour later she called back and said they could sell me the machine for $699. I could not believe it! I immediately said that I wanted it and would pick it up later that afternoon. Woohoo!!! So now I have one of my very own. I spent quite a bit of time last night playing with it trying to get a good stitch. Thanks to Debbie Cook (she has fantastic coverstitch tutorials) and many other ladies at Pattern Review I had success. This machine is going to be so much fun!!

Oh, here is a picture of my duct tape dress form. It is going to work so well! I also thought I would show you a picture of my dress form in action with my latest project.


The pattern that I am making is McCalls 5470. Hopefully it will turn out well. I am a little leery about the big floral print all over my body but I love the fabric and I think it will be fun to wear something different than anything else I have. Sorry about the bad sideways picture.
Well, I am off. My son is begging to use the computer and I have a collar to put on.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And I'm loving your duct tape dress form. I helped Jess make one last time i visited her. They are so awesome! Alas, mine is sitting in a closet right now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you lucky duck!!! You are going to love having a coverstitch machine. I couldn't live within mine.

    I agree, Debbie Cook's tutorials are great.

    With friendship,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!