Wednesday, October 31, 2007

We Made Bread!

This was my 3 year olds exclamation as we took out pans of yummy looking bread out of the oven. Last year, at about this time, I got the bug to start making homemade bread for my family. We love 100% whole wheat bread and it is quite expensive at the store. Unfortunately, I had a very hard time finding a recipe that I could make cooperate and turn out great loaves of bread. Working with only whole wheat flour is a challenge. After quite a few attempts I got tired of trying and I was lacking time to make bread each week. Well, fast forward to Monday. We were out of bread and out of money (we are on a very tight budget). So I decided to try my hand at making bread again. I found a recipe that seemed like it might work. Yesterday my 3 year old and I gave it another try. Here are our results:

Here is my 3 year old who is very impressed with his work:
Lastly, here are my children enjoying a yummy, healthy afternoon snack and a story:
I guess I have the bread baking bug again. Next week I am going to try hard white wheat instead of red.

Crafting update: I have been working on my husband's sweater. I am almost done with the back. I have also been working on costumes for my children. Hopefully I will be able to post pictures tomorrow.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some purty loaves!

    Can't wait to see the costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that dressing up as loaves of bread for Halloween could really take off. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!