Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I LOVE this book!

I just bought a new book. I LOVE it. I have been on the hunt for a new good sewing book. There are many that are mostly for beginners, home dec sewing, or couture. I have plenty of beginning sewing books. I do not really like to sew for my home. I would love to sew using couture techniques but I do not want to take the time right now. I was looking for a book that would be fun for me, the intermediate sewer.

I finally found it!



This book is great for beginners and intermediate sewers alike. The author shows you h0w to draft patterns for simple skirt. I can sew but I have always been hesitant to stray far from patterns. I absolutly love making my own pattern to fit me perfectly. It was soooo easy too.

Here is what skirt I am making. It is a simple pattern but was just what I had in mind for this fabric. I had been looking for a pattern but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. Hooray for this book!!!














I will post pictures next week when I return from my trip to Oakland, CA for the Discovery Toys Convention!

1 comment:

  1. I just got that book, too and I'm wondering if it's really possible to sew something that fits perfectly without a pattern. One of these days, I'll find out. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!