Thursday, September 3, 2009

What to do? What to do?

I am supposed to be starting a light fall jacket for my daughter. I'll get to it as soon as I am done with this. She is very anxious for me to finish/start it. I bought some really cute embroidered quilted fabric from Joann's last year that I am going to use. I think she has reminded me about this coat everyday as she leaves for school.

What have I been thinking of instead of making her coat? Let me share.

I was reading over at pattern review about the wardrobe contest. Never before have I even thought about doing this as even a remote possibility. I have quite an assortment of fabrics that I couldn't possibly find enough coordinating fabrics for 5 tops, 4 bottoms and one extra. As I was pondering the wardrobe contest I mulled over my stash. Guess what! I think I would have enough to coordinate. It would be an interesting mix of brown, denim, burgundy and pink. I'm still not sure if I will try but the thoughts are there.

Why wouldn't I try? Three months should be long enough to get the garments finished.

Well the other thing I have been contemplating is overhauling my house (upstairs living area that has been the same since we moved in more than 11 years ago). This would include new flooring, painting kitchen cabinets and replacing wood panel with glass, tile under cabinets, repainting whole upstairs, and, what the whole process hinges on, reupholstering my living room furniture.

I have never upholstered. I really have no idea how to do it. I saw a basic tutorial and it didn't look too hard. If I am able to redo my furniture I would want to redo the rest of the upstairs. If I can't then we wouldn't. I have a chair I was thinking of starting with. I am very nervous to try. What if I mess the chair up? Then I would be out one chair. If I am successful then the whole chain of events start. Are we up for it?

Has anyone out there tried upholstering furniture (other than simple chairs)? Can anyone suggest good books or tutorial videos? I would really love some helpful advice.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a great day!

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. OOh! your revamping of your house sounds overwhelming. I've never upholstered but my sister does and she says it isn't hard at all. Thank you for commenting on my grand-daughter's jacket. It really was fun to make and easy too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!