Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Inspirational Movie! 500 Days of Summer


Last night My husband and I went to see 500 Days of Summer (we were celebrating his birthday and mine) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel. This was a cute movie. But the reason I really like it had nothing to do with the story of the movie. I was totally oooooing and ahhhhing over the clothes that Zooey Deschanel wore throughout the movie!

I don't think that I have ever watched a movie and been so inspired by the clothing. I loved every minute of watching her clothes. I would describe "Summer's" style as a bit vintage but classic. I had a hard time putting my finger on it exactly. Today I went in search of pictures on the internet to show you some of the outfits I liked. I found out that they called the style retro-chic. Well named.

I absolutely loved how simply she dressed. The clothing was simple with great detail. Now, let's enjoy some fun pictures.

I think this is my favorite dress! I really want to recreate this one.


This skirt is so cute. I really like the shirt also. Below is closer up picture of the shirt.


Here's another really cute dress. I love the look of the lightweight cotton. They are so springy and fun. The skirt is so flowy and flirty.


This is my favorite shirt. The pintucks are fabulous. The shirt is hip length with a very cute thin tie around the waist. I would love to recreate this one also.


Here is a link to a MTV interview with the costume designer Hope Hanafin. And here is another link to a blog talking about the style in this movie.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Wow...If I could sew, these are the clothes that I would want to make!! I haven't been really excited to see this movie, but now I will probably have to see it for the clothes *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie over the summer and have to agree with you - totally cute wardrobe! In response to your comment, your niece is so lucky to be receiving something from you soon. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!