Friday, April 3, 2009

Jalie 2682 In the Works

I have been working Jalie 2682. I am in the trial stages. I like the fit but I think I can tweak it to make it better.

I like the look of the front. It feels a little tight across the bust. Obviously the back is a little tight. The made a size V but tapered to an X at the hip. I had to make the sleeves quite a bit larger. I didn't want skin tight arms.

Deciding how to fix my problems is kind of a challenge. The bottom of the shirt seems to fit well. I think I have enough room even if I make it in fleece. I need to add to the bust and the back under the arm. I don't need the room above bust so I don't want to add width to the whole length of the bodice. I am going to test my seam alteration method with this pattern. I want to add width to the side seam under the arm without adding width to the bottom part. I might add to both the side seam of the back and also the center back. I am also going to shorten the length. I think it is more flattering on me a bit shorter. This also helps the back look a little better.

I will post about my alterations after I finished.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your fitting ideas. Looking forward to seeing how the alterations improve the look of this lovely design :-)


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!