Sunday, December 7, 2008

Spartan Pullover Turned Vest Finally Finished

It has been a few weeks since my last post but I have been very busy. I have quite a few things to post about but haven't had the time to do the actual posting.

I finished this project for my hubby little bit ago. He has actually worn it a couple of times already AND liked it. The pattern had sleeves but as you may remember (from a post quite a while ago) that I ran out of yarn and couldn't finish the sleeves. I had the entire sweater finished-shoulders seamed neck edge completed--when I tried it on my hubby. It was awful! The dropped shoulders just would not work to finish for a vest. So, I had to unseam (Is that a word?) the shoulders and then rip the whole thing out to the armholes. Then, I proceeded to bind off 20 stitches for each armhole and reknit the front and back following the pattern. To Finish I just did garter stitch edge for the neck and armholes.

The final product:And on my hubby:

3 comments:

  1. This looks so good Tamara! Bravo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it in person last week - lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That really looks great!! I always wish I could knit but it never works with my stitch count ADD. I spend more time recounting my stitches than knitting them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!