Wow! I can't believe it has been so long. Sorry for the wait for part 3. It has been a busy week (or 2).
On to the tutorial!
1. Fold the pleat in half so that the clips match up.
2. Sew right down the line that you marked for the pleat.
This picture shows 3 pleats that have been stitched along the lines.
3. Keep pleat folded in half and put a pin in right on the fold.
4. Opening up pleat place pin against seam line. This forms the box pleat. Half of the pleat is on each side of the pin.
5. Baste pleats down inside the seam allowance.
6. Iron pleats down.
It should look like this picture when the 3 pleats are finished (I apologize if the pictures are a little difficult to see). The red line is the center front.
Well, that is how it's done. I hope you were able to follow my process.
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!
Until next time...
Making Life More Beautiful book by Kate Davies
7 hours ago