Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Frog Short Fiasco

Well, we are back from our trip to California. I made a few things before we left and have been crafting since we came back. I thought that I would show you some of the things I have made in the last few months over the next few posts. Some are simple, some are not but I have fun making all of them.

The first garment I will share is certainly not one of the most complicated but it has a long history. I bought some frog cotton fabric at Joann's years ago. My youngest son has been begging me to make him something with this fabric (has been stashed since before he was born) for quite some time. I kept telling him I would. It was going to be a cute Ottobre shirt but a shirt this fabric did not turn out to be. One day before our trip I spotted a really cute frog shirt that I knew was perfect for the frog fabric. My son was very excited about his new frog shirt and soon to be made frog shorts.

Fast forward: We are on our trip and he will not wear the shorts he has been begging for. According to him, they are too long. I am not happy. Finally on my birthday I made him wear the shorts. Here is a picture of him in them while we spent a few hours climbing around Joshua Tree National Park.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! Oh...how I've been "there". Two pairs of jeans for my son last year, nicely made, with a cute little baseball embroidery designs on one back pocket. He flipped out over the embroidery, even though he wears long shirts and no one would be able to see it. Didn't wear them ever! Okay, maybe once because I threatened him with punishment LOL. Begged me for the jeans, then wouldn't wear them for 9 months. Finally took off the embroidery while sitting at a baseball game with my seam ripper. Took 2 1/2 hours, but once the embroidery was off, he wore the jeans with pride. In fact, now they are practically the only pants he wants to wear. Maybe he'll grow into them :) . Maybe by next summer in Alaska they'll be just the right length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! Your story was hilarious. Yes, hopefully they won't be too long next summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I will try to reply back to you if at all possible. Have a great day!